Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mal de Ojo

In feeling like a black cloud has settled over me, I have explored many avenues of removing or escaping this cloud. I started with the oh-so-popular Secret or Law of Attraction.  I found that it does have some validity if one is disciplined enough to continuously employ it.  The Law of Attraction does not support the idea of luck but places accountability on the Self by teaching one to attract what one wants by putting that very thing into the Universe.  Utter positivity can gain one success and fortune, if in fact, you have the discipline to be so. 

I am a firm believer in the Law of Attraction and like the idea of having control over my own destiny; however, and this is a big however, I do feel that there are others in your environment who have some control over your energy, feelings, outlook, and general well-being.  Having grown up in SouthEast Texas so close to the Mexican border and having had many friends and acquaintances of hispanic origin, I have alway heard and been familiar with the Mal de Ojo or Evil Eye.  I have joked in recent months about feeling like I have the Ojo, but recently I feel that this might actually be true.  I do not think I am cursed, but I feel like maybe there are people in my immediate environment who either intentionally or unintentionally are generating toxic feelings and negativity into my energetic field.  I know this sounds all kooky, but I think there may be some validity to it.  The belief in the Evil Eye exists across many cultures all over the world.  Each culture has it's own identifier for it and each group of people use different methods of warding it off.  In my initial musings on the topic, I thought to myself, "But can this be right?  It is basically blaming another person for everything that is wrong in your life?  What about the law of attraction?  What about personal accountability?"  I continued reading and researching the topic and realized that in every culture that cultivates methods of curing or preventing the Evil Eye, the responsibility of healing and protection is on the sufferer not the attacker.  It is up to the sufferer to don his talisman of protection and it is up to the sufferer to perform the appropriate ritual to heal himself from the Evil Eye. 

I think today, I may try to find myself a talisman.  Maybe even perform some cleansing ritual ... and most importantly continue to recognize the negative energies coming from people in my environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment