Monday, October 6, 2014

Coming Soon: Guest Bloggers Tell Their Stories

Everyone has a story. 

Our stories are who we are.  As a trainer at my job in Customer Service, I am always telling staff to pay attention to the stories, or potential stories, of those they are serving.  Dealing with people can be difficult because everyone reacts differently to what is going on in their lives.  It is easy to help someone who is pleasant and kind, but those who are Angry - they are the ones we need to try extra hard for.  Anger is often a reaction to Suffering.  I tell staff members, "If someone comes up to you and acts rude, attacks you verbally, or insults you and you do not know their story ... make one up."  My goal is to empower them to show compassion and kindness to even the most difficult customer because we all have a story - that angry person has a story, and they could be suffering. 

I'm always thinking about people's stories.  Then it hit me! What better way to expand this blog than to expand it beyond my own story.  Throughout my journey, I have made friends with, laughed with and cried with so many who have a story of their own to tell.  Each of our stories are all different with common threads, and I want to start sharing with you other people's stories to help comfort you and show you that you aren't alone. 

So starting this week, I will be featuring "Guest Bloggers" who I have asked to share their stories.  My hope is that you will feel the healing comfort of sharing your pain and suffering with others who have been in your shoes or similar shoes.  If you are reading this and wish to share your story, please email me at sweetwaterbrimmingover@yahoo.com

I look forward to sharing with you the wisdom, knowledge, compassion, kindness, and strength of others who have inspired me on my journey.   

No comments:

Post a Comment