Friday, February 8, 2013

The Beginning of our New Beginning ... IVF Injection Day 1

So my last post was about our Christmas Cruise.  Another reason we took that cruise was because of our plan to begin our first IVF cycle after the first of the year.  I am so thankful for the peaceful feeling I returned home with as this was a perfect mindset with which to tackle this very trying, stressful, and overwhelming process. 

If I have learned one thing over the course of our fertility struggles (I refuse to use the word 'infertility')  ... If I have learned one thing, it is the importance of laughing at things.  I have always been a rather serious person.  I was always taught to see the beauty in things and to pay attention, so I guess I translated that into thinking I needed to be uber-serious about everything. 

So I'm turning over a new leaf and teaching myself to see the humor in life's trials and tribulations ... and boy is there some humor in this IVF stuff!!

In order to remind myself to laugh my way through this, I told Casey I wanted to make a video diary of our cycle.  We won't bore you with the mundane videos of every second, but I do want to attempt to keep my camera with me and whip it out when something gets funny ... Let's face it there is obviously enough humor in Needles, Sperm, Hormones, and Suppositories to last a lifetime, so I'm gonna give you a little taste of it here by posting my video diary.  Hopefully I can figure out how to do this ...

So here is a video of our first round of injections.  Readers, meet In Vitro Fertilization in all its Glory!  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment