Friday, June 21, 2013

12 weeks - "Hope is the thing with feathers.... "

Hello all!

Well, we finally reached the 12 week marker.  I can say that it has been smoother and easier than I expected.  Somewhere within, we've found the ability to calmly take each day, and I'm thankful that the fear and anxiety isn't present always like I thought it would be.  We are finally getting to enjoy our pregnancy, and bond with our little one!

Today was our last visit to our fertility clinic.  It was an emotional visit for sure.  We got to see our little Creature looking like a baby, finally!  It has a little pot-belly and likes to roll around.  It is still measuring long so it looks like I'll have a tall tiny-dancer on my hands!  I will welcome it with open arms. <3

Here's the Tiny-Dancer at 12 weeks 4 days measuring in at 13 weeks!


So we are officially off all medications... No more shots, patches, or pills except for vitamins!! I can begin to feel like a normal person again .... Well a normal person with another person growing inside of me. Tehe .... what a concept!  I can't even wrap my mind around it. :)

We've begun taking belly pics since my belly is rapidly expanding and poking out pretty good at this point.  We have decided to take them against the wall on which I have hung a frame with a quote from Emily Dickinson, "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul... "....  I hung this picture during our fertility challenges to remind me that although Hope is fleeting and fragile like a bird, it always returns.  I thought this was the perfect place to take our belly shots.... So here is our first one.  This is me at 12 weeks 3 days.  Although this is somewhat the, "Is she pregnant or just fat stage?"  I have decided to embrace the bump pregnant-looking or not!  See you all next time! xo

12 Weeks 3 Days -



1 comment:

  1. I love the quote! I am glad that this is your spot for belly shots! :) Can't wait to see the Creature grow! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete