Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Happy Day .....



Above is a photo of the framed quote we have hanging on the wall in our dining room.  I like it there because I pass by it many times a day, and it serves as a reminder.

Well, today is my 30th birthday.  If you had asked me, in my early twenties, how I would feel about turning 30, I probably would have grimaced and said, "I'm never turning 30!"  However, the last few years have brought about so much change in my outlook on Life in general, and My Life specifically that I have to say turning 30 right now is just another symbolic representation of the tides turning.  I am so happy to be 30 and leave behind the person I was in my 20's.  Not that I didn't like that person, but I am happy to be older, wiser, more compassionate, more thoughtful.

This morning so many people have wished me a Happy Birthday, but what should really be happening is that I should be thanking each and every one of them for being in my life.  Every person I have known and know has taught me something.  Each and every one of YOU has made me want to be a better person.  Today I am humbled by the fullness of my heart and am completely aware of the blessings in my life.  I couldn't ask for better friends and family.  I love you all from the very depth of my being, and I hope I can at least show you an inkling of that through our lifetime together.

That being said and thanks being given.  I am so thankful to God and the Universe (and Houston Fertility Institute) for giving me the tiny Creature thriving inside.

Here is what 13 weeks and 3 days looks like:


2 comments:

  1. This picture literally made me cry... so beautiful my sweet friend. I am so pleased for you. You truly deserve for all of your wishes to come to fruition!

    Love you! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love the picture, you and the creature look amazing :) So happy for you and your family *hugs*

    ReplyDelete