Friday, February 15, 2013

IVF Injection Days 6 & 7 ... This egg factory is tired :)





This week has been the crazy week from Hell.  :)  Work has been insane and I've been running around like a hen in a tornado trying not to lay the same egg twice (no pun intended!).  The last two injection days have been fast and furious, and I finally realized it was the medication making me so sleepy.  The last couple of days, the minute my head hits the pillow I am out like a light and sleeping like the dead until about 4am. 

I am pleasantly surprised that the medications have not affected my mood.  But I am starting to feel like I have to huge water balloons in my tummy that are on the verge of bursting!  In the mornings, I find myself tippy-toeing around the house because it actually hurts to walk on my feet.

It's kind of like someone sharpened the top ends of my femurs into little daggers so that everytime I take a step, the little daggers jam themselves up into my ovaries .... kind of like a weird twist on the old "walkin' on egg shells" saying.

Speaking of eggs ... according to Patricia, the nurse, this morning ... I have three eggs on my right side that are about ready to pop.  This is ok because last night I started my second injectionable medication, Citrotide, which prevents me from ovulating.  This way, they can keep administering the medicines so that the other eggs catch up with these 3 monsters that are no doubt, the culprits of the sharpened dagger femurs.  :)

Then early next week we should be on track to take the Ovidrel injection which will cause me to ovulate.  You know those video montages where you see fireworks exploding, volcanos erupting, geysers spewing water into the air, and all kinds of other natural phenomena that represent the forceful explosion of something?  Well, yeah, that's pretty much what it feels like inside the body once Ovidrel takes effect.  Not really looking forward to that.  But at least this time I won't be terrified that I'm becoming paralyzed at 3 am and end up telling Bella (the dog) to "Wake up Daddy and tell him Mommy is dying."

Anywho, hopefully tonight we will have the opportunity to pick back up with the video diary.  Thanks for reading! :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment